photos
***more pictures will be arriving sporadically on my photo site,
follow the link on the right***
I am sad to have missed the opening weekend of March Madness, but I
still had a fun time. I didn't sleep enough, got too many mosquito
bites, dealt with allergies the whole time and it was wonderful. The
four day weekend gave us time to travel, hang out and rest up before
school starts again on Wednesday. We played some games, but mostly
when you get PCVs together its more about sharing stories and trying
to figure out how to deal with everything that is different here. In a
lot of ways we're just beginning to understand how the schools work so
it is very helpful to talk about the similarities and differences
between schools across the country to figure out how to work most
effectively in that environment. Tomorrow is the 16th anniversary of
Namibia's independence. I think I might be going to another village
nearby to watch an under 15 soccer match and supposedly there are some
other activities arranged there. We'll see, I kind of feel like taking
it easy for a day and getting exams ready for next week. Even now I
don't feel like writing much because I am tired.
I have always been a faithful consumer of Crest orginal flavor
toothpaste. The one with the red triangle, none of the whitening,
plaque fighting whatever. Give me a good cavity preventing Crest
original and I'm happy. But, being in the Peace Corps is all about
adapting to new situations, so when I didn't see my Crest original on
the shelf I wasn't too disappointed. I settled on Colgate and realized
something pretty incredible. Crest uses a twist off cap that is prone
to dropping in the sink or on the floor, generally an unnecessary
nuisance. Colgate uses a pop off top that stays attached to the tube.
Its simple to squeeze out that pea-sized amount and replace the cap
with one hand, leaving the other to start brushing. Crest was always a
two hand affair. Sometimes its hard to face change, but I'm kind of
liking this new Colgate toothpaste.
4 Comments:
i've been on the internet for three and half hours this morning so there are some photos loaded on my photo site and more to come later, let me know what types of photos I should load first
oh yes i forgot to mention that i saw 2 oryx and a cheetah while we were driving this weekend, the cheetah was sitting on a termite mound watching the cars go by
Brock, you rock. Thanks for the laughs. Can't wait to catch up during reconnect!
Hi Brock! I just wanted to let you know that I just caught up on your blog entries. It sounds like you are having some very amazing and admirable experiences!
Brock just for laughs thought you might be interested that colgate has recently taken on a new meaning for me as well...studying here in buenos aires and their usage of the imperative is such that "colgate" literally means "hang yourself." How the business ever managed to succeed here remains a mystery to me. Keep up the good work over there!
Post a Comment
<< Home