Sunday, January 01, 2006

Tulsa Wins!

Tulsa won the Liberty Bowl and I rang in the New Year a few minutes
later. I didn't get to watch the game, but I did get some phone
updates. And I will eventually be able to watch the TiVo copy, maybe
in April. If you were at the game I would love to hear from some of
the crazy 10,000 Tulsans who made the trip. Everyone here at the
Omaruru Rest Camp heard all about the victory in far too much detail.
I took some pictures during while the game was being played to
document my reactions. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures
uploaded next week when I get to Coblenz.

We celebrated with a hilarious talent show which is on video and a
dance party around a bon fire. Why did we build a fire in the middle
of summer in Africa? Thats a good question. The best thing about down
time at the rest camp is the hammocks. We actually had 8 people in 1
hammock for a while last night.

By the end of this week I will take an awful language test, swear in
as a Peace Corps Volunteer and travel to my permanent site in Coblenz.
More importantly I'll have a cell phone once we get to shop in
Windhoek, so as long as I can get the phone to work with the antenna
on my house to get a signal from the tower 70 km away I'll be able to
receive calls in Coblenz.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brock/anyone who is checking his blog and knows the answer to this...

Just wondering what the best address to send you mail to as of right now is. Let me know!

-Thanks, Morgan

Fri Jan 06, 09:49:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgan and others,
Brock should be arriving in Coblenz very soon. This is the address that he posted early in his adventure. I'm sure he would appreciate mail.

Once I swear in and arrive at my permanent site in Coblenz, mail should be sent to:
Private Bag 2004
Grootfontein
Namibia

Sat Jan 07, 10:57:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mrs. Blackburn!

Sun Jan 08, 02:15:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home