Saturday, May 06, 2006

Coffee

If you've ever wanted to learn about brewing coffee make a turn by
DoubleShot, but if you don't live in Tulsa you could check out
www.coffeegeek.com. I was curious about how the hard water here might
be affecting the flavor of the coffee I brew. I haven't found anything
very specific besides that a lot of websites recommend bottled water
if your tap tastes bad. But my water tastes fine it just has stuff
dissolved in it. The problem is alleviated by heating the water
because some of the salts precipitate out of the water but I know the
water isn't pure. My biggest problem with coffee now is that the stuff
I have is too old and tastes a bit stale.

The playground people are gone as of this morning. Yesterday the
handles on the see-saw broke, no suprise it was just rope tied around
the log, but the real excitement was when one of the swings broke. The
most annoying person in their group immediately assumed that someone
had climbed up and tampered with the nuts, but upon further review I
think they forgot to put a second nut on one the bolt that came loose.
It was an easy repair job and I doubt it will be an ongoing issue but
the officials are still reviewing the photographs from earlier in the
day to see if the bolt in question was fastened with one or two nuts.
Those locking nuts are far less effective if you forget to put the
second one on. I'm working on getting the pictures uploaded and then
you can decide for yourself if the swing was hung properly the first
time.

Last night a wedding got started in the village and it will continue
until Sunday. Not much was happening yesterday evening so I didn't
stay long but this afternoon there is supposed to be some more
activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home