tortillas
My tortilla making ability just improved significantly. After
lamenting my lack of a rolling pin to flatten my tortillas I opened
the bottom cupboard and saw that I actually already had one. So this
time I got them really flat and they were oh so good. I could actually
roll it up like a taco instead of eating it flat with a fork like a
tostada. Now if I just had some refried beans.
(cue theme song)
Welcome to this edition of, "I'm Glad I Have, I Wish I Had" the game
show when PCVs honestly talk about things they miss from home without
just complaining about it.
Our first category is the kitchen:
I'm glad I have a stove and an oven and a refrigerator and a sink with
a working faucet and drain, I wish I had a microwave.
I'm glad I have pots and pans to cook with, I wish I had a dishwasher
to clean up afterwards.
I'm glad I have good cupboard space, I wish I had a couple drawers to
store utensils.
Next we move to the classroom:
I'm glad I have a chalkboard and an unlimited supply of colored chalk,
I wish I had a white board with markers or if I really wanted to
dream, I wish I had a laptop and a projector.
I'm glad I have a copy maching and a stapler, I wish I had a copy
machine that automatically collated and stapled.
I'm glad I have a classroom with chairs, desks and a door that locks.
I wish I had carpet to deaden the noise, a locking cupboard for
storage and enough desks and chairs for my biggest class to all have a
place to sit.
(cue theme song)
That's all the time we have for today, tune in next time for the next
edition of, "I'm Glad I Have, I Wish I Had."
In other news, I read in the newspaper that Brad Pitt and Angelina
Jolie are hiding ou somewhere along the Namibian coast for her to have
her baby. The Skeleton Coast is one of the most remote places on
Earth, guarded by desert and a treacherous coastline, making it a
perfect place to hid from the cameras.
1 Comments:
Wow. You have a copy machine? I am really jealous of that. Funny thing is, I actually drove an hour down the mountain today, just so I could use a copy machine to print off finals for one of my classes.
Post a Comment
<< Home