Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sometimes you just have to laugh

After I finished my last post I remembered that I left out one
important, though embarassing bit of news. But that can wait until the
end. Anytime after the kids have recently been home they have lots of
pocket money, which means Friday and Saturday movies are extrememly
profitable. This weekend was over the top insane. I rolled up to the
library about 20 minutes before showtime to a mob of kids pushing and
shoving... at a locked door. My library helpers morphed into security
guards and cleared the kids away from the door so we could get inside,
but even then, when we started taking money everyone was pushing to
get inside. On Friday I turned away about 30 kids who wanted to get in
after I declared that we had reached capacity (about 70) for the
night. So, I decided to show the same movie, Bulletproof Monk, on
Saturday as well, followed by Bubble Boy as the second film. Saturday
brounght another 70+ kids which means I brought in over $100 and now
have enough to pay for the satellite during the World Cup.

And the funny news? On Friday while I was collecting homework in 10B,
I found out that two of the boys are identical twins. In my defense, I
started teaching this class halfway through last term, but still
that's pretty bad. These two are a couple of the brightest kids in
that class that struggles so much. And now I have to figure out how to
tell them apart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Sounds like your classes are off to a good start. I'd send hot dogs and potato salad for 4th of July but I'm afraid it won't be good when you get it :)

Wed May 24, 05:22:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home